Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Party Plans


I decided that for my 50th birthday later this year what I really, really want is to invite all my musician friends and have a big jam session.  If you found this post you most likely received an invitation telling you where and when.  It's only June and I am starting this page (which will be updated frequently) to let everyone know that they should bring their instruments and voices, practice whatever songs on the list that they feel comfortable with, and jump up on stage with us.

Now when I say "bring your instruments" I mean just the instrument -- we will have plenty of mics and amps, as well as a drum trap kit and a keyboard.  Out-of-towners, if you need lodging please let us know asap.  We have some rooms reserved at the Budget Host in Cameron but we will be putting a few folks up in various other places. 

My dream of all dreams is to play as a finale the second side of "Beatles -- Abbey Road".  I think we can pull it off.

Click here for an evolving list of songs (Excel format).
Click here for a folder with songs tabs, etc.

We're going to be jamming for a good four hours, so suggestions and requests are welcome.  In the meantime here is something to whet your appetite.  

Rock on!

Caseman

No comments:

Post a Comment